Thursday, December 01, 2011

Vanity or Something Else?

In a doctor's office there was an informational display on a procedure which reduces fatty tissue in problem areas (love handles, stomach, thighs) by freezing. It doesn't replace dieting, exercise, and is not for weight lose. I inquired... Fatty tissue is more susceptible than surrounding tissues to damage via freezing. So a noninvasive freezing treatment kills the cells which are naturally eliminated by the body over 4 months.

I can't imagine insurance companies pay for these treatments. Would it be vanity that would fire the urge to undergo this procedure? Or am I missing the point? Just wondering...

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

At work I get to talk to attorneys who are fighting cases for medical malpractice and you'd be amazed how many of the times the surgery was "elective" or "cosmetic". They are some of the best looking people in the cemetery.
I don't get it either.