Monday, December 19, 2011

What's love got to do with it?


Talk about the melding of two musical minds: Tina Turner and Bing Crosby. And why not mix in a bit of Rosemary Clooney, for good measure.

While listening to the commentary track on the White Christmas DVD Rosemary Clooney suggests that Bing Crosby was a little standoffish with fans. She notes he always seemed to take the quieter tack. Though at one point she shared, seeing and overhearing him backstage whispering towards his audience, "I love you, I love you, I love you," before heading out for his performance. Interesting.

My clients often ask me, "If I like my job." My quick reply is always the same, "I love my job." But more to the point I love my clients. And through that love I feel like the Grinch when his heart grows 3 sizes. I happily go to work with a smile, some quick wit, and as much Italian as I can remember.

Really, whatever your situation, whatever your goal, it is all about serving the customers in our lives. For really only when we love can we truly put our best foot, our best intentions, forward.

What's love got to do with it? Everything.

No comments: