Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Clean or Dirty?

I am stuck at home today. Or at least I am without a vehicle since mine is in the shop for fuel issues. (But let me get back to the topic at hand.)

Being home I decided to clean a bit. Not too much; I didn't want to upset the universal dust continuum, but getting out the vacuum and a 3 inch stack of swiffers seemed like a good way to start the process.

I tackled the oldest's room first. I even dusted all those wonderful little nick nacks she collects. Still I doubt she or anyone else will notice.

Next was the little ones' room. On the initial inspection all it needed was a bit of dusting and a good vacuuming. As I pushed my trusty Oreck about I noticed a pair of socks peaking out from under the dresser. Being in a thorough mood I bent over to pick them up. As I pulled them out from their resting spot a pair of cinderella panties emerged as well. And when I looked closer I saw the tip of a shirt sleeve poking out.

Now on all fours I gave the underside of the dresser a good look. I found ALL the clean clothes I had given my youngest gem to put a way for the past week or more. I counted 13 little panties, 4 pair or tights, hundreds of socks, 7 shirts, and 8 pair of pants. Two of which I hadn't seen in at least a month.

So the dilemma -- the clothes are all stacked waiting for my lovely to put away. But are they clean or dirty??? Does she get her wish of not having to put them away, and I get to do YET another load of laundry? Or does she put them away and wear them anyway?

These kids are always coming up with interesting ways to keep me off my ever expanding behind.

2 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Oh, they're DEFINITELY clean. But then again, this is coming from someone who pulls stuff out of the laundry basket (if the clothing even makes it that far) and says, "Damn--this doesn't smell dirty any more. Amazing what can happen in a month."

And yes--I really do DO that.

I know, I know. It's surprising that I'm single. ;)

Anonymous said...

Luckily my newly bald husband does his own laundry. :)

SW