Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I Love to Write

And I guess that is good, considering I'd like to be a published author someday.

But the writing process really consumes me. I love slaving over my computer, weighing each and every word, wondering if "this is the best way to say it", worrying about my lack of vocabulary. It is such a mental rush and now I am realizing it is an escape. I allow myself the freedom to take a vacation from the everyday world. The kids screaming and arguing over a once forgotten toy, laundry, dishes, dusting, and the clutter, all slip away as I focus on transitioning paragraphs and word choice. The one task that I truly need to worry about is cooking. When it's 5 o'clock and those little eyes look to me for food... it's best to plan ahead.

Such escapism.

1 comment:

Idiot Cook said...

Oh, yeah. Well said.