Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Chapter Summaries

Some publishers want the first three chapters and a chapter summary submitted. So I have been picking away at the summary. It's actually a nice way to spend the wee hours of the morning. Read a chapter, focus on the major plot element that moves the story along, write it down. Not too hard, but difficult to do with the usual Mommy, Mommy, Mommy in my ear. Thank God for early mornings. It's so quiet I can hear myself think.

Yesterday was the second of no TV days. When the weather is good, I say OUTSIDE! Let's play, swing, garden, anything but be entranced by the tube. The little one was not happy at first. She loves her electronic sitter. And I must admit, it makes a good baby minder. But unless I want my children to grow as wide as its screen, it's outside to play.

I love to watch her chase the birds.

1 comment:

Idiot Cook said...

I haven' read enough parenting mags to know if this topic is written about a lot, but consider writing a service article called something like, "10 Ways to Avoid the Tube" or something like that...and offer your tips for getting your kids outside (go for some of your more creative tips etc).

Glad the chapter summaries are coming along!