Thursday, January 31, 2008

What they did for love

I read in the Readers Digest an article about some interesting antics people did for love. For example, working in a marriage proposal into the Boston Sunday Globe crossword puzzle. And I wonder, after the knot is tied, will they still be up to their old antics?

It's amazing what a husband and wife will do to each other after the big day. The white gloves come off, and it's the old one two punch. Interesting, they are suppose to love eachother, but in some cases that all important sense of respect is gone. I've heard stories where a stray dog is treated better.

I've been around the block a few times. I know there are good times and bad. And still I wonder during those bad times how anyone can forget their love for another. Isn't that suppose to come first? Sure there are differences of opinion, and no one gets their own way every time. But if a relationship is focused on love, commitment and caring, wouldn't compromise come into play fairly frequently?

No comments: