Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Too Busy to Breathe

What day is it? And where am I going? My mind feels like it is going to explode. In the next week I will be taxiing the stars all over and everywhere, drs appts, multiple college visits, the marathon, an invite only elite road race in the big bad city, a meet, birthday parties, play dates, music lessons.... I have anxiety. It is suppose to be spring break but it will be more like spring crush.

I will need to remind myself to breathe, in and out.

Last night was the first of several "So Your Kid Is Planning To Go To College" talks. Sitting there before the seminar my heart was racing. During the speakers presentations I calmed down a bit, but still this next phase is so daunting. Paperwork, fees, financial aid, college visits. The most stressful for me, right now, is college visits. How do I get to these schools? Where are these buildings we are supposed to report to? Where do I park? YIKES!

We will get through this, this time and the following two times after that.

Breathe In and Breathe Out.

No comments: