Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Giver

A few weeks back my middle one was reading The Giver. And I know nothing about this book, not having read it, yet. But yesterday that title, The Giver, was all I could think about.

My littlest one, surprised me so, with her openhearted generosity. Remember that beautiful stained glass window she worked on?

Well, she told me it was for her sister, but truthfully she made it for me. And told me yesterday she felt guilty when I would help her, as it was her intention to give it to me all along. WOW! I am humbled by her act of kindness.

To her oldest sister, she gave her a pair of earrings. They were a pair the little one picked up somewhere along her little life's journey. She doesn't have pierced ears, yet, but she liked them. And now they belong to her sister, who wore them proudly all day yesterday.

And last week The Giver was all about salt dough. Making, baking and coloring. Then extra packages appeared under the tree; all on their own. She gave this creation to her other sister.


When so many are all about acquiring a Christmas haul,
her giving is the best Christmas gift of all.

1 comment:

jeff noel said...

Humbling isn't it?
And gracious.
Our father is always trying to talk to us.
Inspiring to see that you were listening so closely.