Sunday, April 10, 2011

Soup Night

We had our parish Lenten Soup Night last night. Seventy people signed up -- more than seventy people showed up.

Over and over again people thanked me for Soup Night and over and over again I smiled, and replied -- It takes a team.

We have a great Parish Activities Committee. At 9:30 AM we gathered together for set up. By 11 AM the hall was ready. All the tables set. The serving stations established. A dessert table and beverage table laid out. The soups, all homemade: Corn Chowder, Hamburger Soup and Seafood Chowder arrived around 3 PM. Mass was at 4PM; Soup Night commenced right after wards.

I love this committee so happily dedicated to serving the parish. I love how people lingered over their meager meal. I love how there were very few leftovers, and an easy clean up. And I love how the goodwill offering will go to feed those less fortunate.

Easter Egg Hunt next Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and we loved being there with you. love, Mom