Monday, October 06, 2014

My Friend Cooper

Cooper is an elderly dog in our neighborhood. Introduced to me by my youngest who got to know him and his owner while walking home from school these past three years.

When I see them walking by our house I always yell out, "Hi Cooper!" His owner drops his lead and he trots over to me for a pat. He is a love. A gem. A sweetie.

This morning, racing out of the house, we spied the Coop and owner. The greeting went out, his head lifted with bright recognition and he trotted to us. A pat in the head, and a tussle on the back. Dear Cooper.

As his owner and I chatted she mentioned that a few days ago he spied me walking around in our kitchen very early one morning. And he wouldn't budge. Perhaps waiting for me to see him, open the door and call his name.

My first interjection was: Feel free to knock anytime. You guys are always welcome.

My first fear was: Jimminy I hope I was sufficiently dressed....

Have a great day. And may you too find out you are important in some one's life when you least expect it.

No comments: