Friday, January 22, 2016

How about a cup of coffee?



Please help us reach our $46 Million Goal!

Dear family and friends,

First of all, thank you for all your love, and support over the past five years that I have ridden in the Boston Brain Tumor Ride. For all five years, with your generous support, I have more than reached by donation goal of $500.  This year, I have upped my participation and commitment to finding a cure of cancer. I have joined the planning committee of the Boston Brain Tumor Ride, will ride the 40 mile route and have paid my entrance for this event. Why?

Because last week, I committed to raising money for cancer research by riding in the 2016 Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC). On the first weekend in August, I will join 6,200 cyclists in the PMC ride, an annual bike-a-thon that raises money for research and care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) in Boston.

I hope I can count on your support

The PMC raises more money for charity than any other single event in the country, $500 million since 1980 and $45 million last year alone! This success is the result of a lot of people riding for, and caring about, a cure. And because every penny matters, 100 percent of your donation goes to DFCI.

I've made a personal commitment to ride and raise $4,500. I hope you can help me achieve this significant goal.

Please donate to my PMC ride using the following link:
All I ask is, can you spare the price of a cup of coffee? Of course, a Starbuck's venti flat white costing $5. :-)


Click here to make a donation of any amount. And I will match your donation dollar for dollar. Additionally, whether you make a donation or not, send me the name of your cancer survivor, or valiant fighter, and I will write their name on my bike frame.   Each pedal stroke in prayer, for them, always. As I train and during the ride.


Click here to support me with a gift from your Fidelity Donor Advised Fund
If you prefer to write a check, please make it out to the PMC, The Jimmy Fund or Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and private message me for my address


Please ask your Human Resources department if they have a matching gift program and follow their process for a matching donation. Your donation is tax deductible and 100% will go to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. To learn more about the Pan-Mass Challenge, please visit www.pmc.org.

Every donation brings us closer by the mile. On behalf of the staff and patients at DFCI, cancer patients around the world for whom Dana-Farber research is lifesaving, and all our collective aspirations for a world without cancer, thank you.
Why do I do this?

Simply as Mother Theresa answered the dying man who asked her why are you helping me? I ride because I love you.

Patty Hebert

No comments: