Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Take Two, Thank You


After our family vacation, eleven of us, to Disney, I offered to put all our photos into a digital slideshow. I mean how hard could it be... I do it all the time for other people. Wouldn't it be nice to do it for us?

The trip was in April. I finally cleared my desk off enough to put it together in June. Better late than never. July 1 rolls around and we have everyone over for the showing. Four hundred and fifty two pictures -- over a span of 23 minutes. It was a great experience putting it together, going over and regoing over our vacation. Being reminded of just how much fun we all had. Seeing the smiles and the reliving all those roller coaster rides. Please Daddy take me back!

At the end of the showing, amid the cheers and laughs, my brother says, "I have a few more pictures, could you add them?"

"Sure, no worries." But there were worries to be had. I had failed to save the project in a format that could be editted at the picture level. (I'll not bore you with the details.) Needless to say, I had to reconstruct the whole project from scratch.

It took me two weeks to get over the shock of starting over again. But I did it, yesterday. And in the meantime I gathered even more pictures from the family. Not that I would use them all, but it's nice to have options.

As of right now, 10 working hours later -- I'm slow, it's almost done. Four hundred and seventy eight pictures, I lost track of the songs, and many many relived enjoyable memories. I'm greatful for the opportunity to relive the trip all over again. And I want to go back even more.


No comments: