Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thank you, J.K. Rowling

Dear Ms. Rowling,

Unlike you, words escape me. I don't think I will ever be able to completely articulate all that you have given to me and my family through your writing.

We all have our key points. My oldest loves the action, of course, but really finds a home and comfort in the idea that everyone, no matter how muggle, has a place in this world. The two little ones love the magic and have hopes to attend Hogwarts themselves. Please provide a post address, as we haven't quite got our owl trained to hold a letter.

For me, it's the life lessons, the mother's love, and the fact that life is hard but with love and friendship, good does indeed triumph. Thank you for the threads woven through all seven books. The pieces that now all fit together. Thank you for Snape; he teaches us that we can be more than we first appear. Thank for Harry, Ron and Hermione. They show us that friendship and love will bring you through. Thank you for the Weasleys. Shining examples that a family is not just those to whom you are related to. Thank you for Lily Potter. She was the best. Thank you for Hagrid. After his experiences, I'm sure a rigdeback is not my dragon of choice.

Thank you so much for all that you've given us.

Sincerely,

ptcakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sending this to her for real, right?

Idiot Cook said...

I agree with Baz--send this to her...you can do it through her web site, I think.

On another note...PtCakes, I sent an e-mail to you this morning, but they keep bouncing back!!!