Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What to write...

I'm on the verge of writing greatness...

Surely, I jest.

Today's topic has been eluding me. The to-do task list is growing, along with the piles of laundry on the dining room table. Leaving very little room for eating, or creative thoughts. There is weeding in the garden, and tonight is the last evening for our little reading group. Besides finishing The Bungalow Mystery we are making cheese crackers and popovers. I hope the girls like them.... Regardless, they are a great group of readers, and I will miss them.

Still, I'm finding myself behind the 8 ball for every task I have under the sun. Trying to pull things to completion all in the same moment. It's not working. And what I would rather be doing is writing my next novel. The idea is there. Just under my mental skin. Scratching its way to the surface at 4 AM. Some mornings I'm woken up with a brain explosion. The ideas, like a lava flow, burn as they cascade across the old synapses. It's a coming of age mystery. Girl-base, of course. I have to write what I know.

In the quiet they will fall into place. In the meantime...

Back to the regularly scheduled folding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

MBY