Saturday, October 06, 2007

I'm seeking the quiet of the day


It has happened time and time again, as it has happened now. My calendar of dates and commitments fills to the point where I can't breathe. My plate full, agenda items slip off, and I'm left wondering if I'll ever learn.

Yesterday I created a list. Things that must get done, appointments and expectations that had to be met. As I whittled down the list, I reminded myself to breathe, and focus on the task at hand. One down, the next to go. Think no further than about the thought at the end of your nose.

I made it through the day. Along the way I learned a lot about courage, bravery, and compassion. I was granted the opportunity to help others grow when faced with physical challenges. And bathed in the warmth of their accomplishments, faced some of my own challenges, and won.

There are still deadlines and commitments looming. The plate is by no means empty, but it's okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read this you are on the road to Vermont and Chris' father's good-bye.

We think of you with love and prayers.

Love, Mom