Monday, April 07, 2008

We have STREP!

I can't count the number of times on this blog I've started or ended an entry with the words,"You never know what the day will bring you until it's over." Today, those words were once again, oh so true.

The little one's glasses got broken, so she was home to get them either repaired or replaced. She can't see without them, so no sense it going to school. Lingering on her lips, and in the back of my mind, was her complaint of a sore throat. When it came time for lunch again she said, "I need something soft. My throat is still sore."

Her temperature was minimal... She'd only been complaining for a day -- max. But today she was home, so today we went to the doctors. The doctor took one look past her tonsils and reeled, "Oh that's a red one." Faster than a penguin on ice, she had the swab out of it's package and down the little one's throat. Of course, this didn't make the little one too happy. But they have a relationship, based on tightly pressed lips that open for no one. I, on the other hand, was smiling as I watched the fastest swabber this side of the Mississippi in action.

Today, after a dozen or so checks over the winter for strep, we have strep. Why do I feel like we've won the lottery? You just never know what will transpire over the course of a day. It makes life so much more interesting.

BTW: CVS has their leftover Easter goodies on sale at 90% off. Egg jump rope skippers normally $1.99 now 19 cents; another great for today. And if we didn't have strep we would have never been at CVS.

No comments: