Sunday, September 14, 2008

Parish Picnic

Candy bar bingo can't be over... I still have tons of Hershey bars and M&Ms.

Yes, it's true. The fun and excitement is over. Hard to believe, after all that worrying about the weather and wondering whether people would have fun, but it's over. I almost feel like it's the last day of school and I don't know what to do with myself. Since coming home I've been in kind of a cleaning stupor.

Of course the calendar project is still front and center. But we should have proofs by the end of this week, and go to print the next. Thank God -- and I truly mean that.

For today's event, the weather cleared. And the overall general feeling was everyone had a great time. The DJ had all the kids up dancing. The candy bar BINGO will ensure they remain up all night. The moonwalk and bocce were a hit, and the food was absolutely wonderful and plentiful. Best part for me was watching the parishioners reading the posters created by the WYD team. The youth did a great job making posters about the trip. There was a lot of wows and "wished I had gones"... nice to see. Maybe Madrid 2011 is in their future.

One person asked when our next event was. The committee members just laughed. Truth be told... March 21st Lenten Soup Night. And before that a few Parish Breakfasts.

Thanks to all who came and enjoyed the event. And a bigger thanks to those on the committee. All of you make our parish great.

No comments: