Sunday, October 05, 2008

Computer Down

What's that movie... Black Hawk Down... which of course has nothing to do with my not having access to my usual desktop work horse computer, with all my secrets, files, and photos. But the tone of the word down in both instances is the same; terminal.

Twice yesterday I went to print a picture or a letter and was met by an open box with cabling splayed and its motherboard ripped out. Sad times. No photo software, no email addresses that aren't committed to memory, no parish letters soliciting goods and services for our Energy Conservation talk on November 9th. I'm treading electronic waters here. Not panicking -- for I know my files are safely tucked away but not accessible.

We haven't really come up with a solution. It was a beautiful build it yourself model, so tech support is strictly in-house. And a quick scan for replacement parts on the net has resulted in one word: Unavailable.

No comments: