Sunday, October 19, 2008

Too turn the heat on, or not to turn the heat on...

that is the question.

We push turning the furnace on back as far as we can. One year we managed to wait until the middle of November.This year, I must be getting old or soft or both, because I am already thinking about it. Seeking out blankets, thinking about wearing a hat in the house, all the time, and keeping my painting jacket on... even when I'm not painting.

It's not that I like being cold, but I hate paying that huge bill even more.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Turn on the heat, if only to keep your pipes from bursting.

P.H. said...

Oh, we don't get that cold... no worries... Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Come on .... break down turn on the heat. Do it for the little ones....

JUST DO IT !!!!!!!

What will the teachers think when your little ones go to school tomorrow and bend down and kiss the floor like a prisoner does when they are released and finally end up back on US soil and then they tell their teachers they never want to leave because it is warm there.

Do it for the children

As for my children, I told them don't worry it will build character. Or another great one, I am building memories, or finally I am giving you stories to tell your children when you are grown up.

Pecae out,

P.H. said...

Maybe I'll turn on the heat this weekend when you guys come over.

Anonymous said...

I broke down this morning. temp was 50 degrees in the house. That is cold in cat terms. Once I turned on the heat Suzie laid next to the radiator and has not moved. Kids are slowly moving a little faster and the icicles from there tear ducts are starting to thaw.
Merry Christmas.....