Friday, October 24, 2008

Just what are we worth?

Maybe I'm old. Or maybe I'm getting old, but when I see a young lady (any female age 10 to whatever...) wearing her pants riding at her pubic hair line, I wonder only one thing. I want to ask her: Do you really think you are only good for one thing? Do you really believe you are only as good as your vagina?

When I see a young woman I see a real rocket scientist, a doctor, a veterinarian, a president, a CFO, an actor, a mother, a goddess. So when I see these woman overtly selling themselves to the next pair of over fixated eyes, I am truly sad.

Tonight at the local high school football game we had the high school cheerleaders mentoring the younger town cheerleaders. I saw the admiration in those little eyes; a worship so pure it belongs in a church. The high schoolers could have marched their charges into the middle of the field to be trampled by the offensive line. Instead they bowled them over with belly buttons and hip bones. By their rolled down waist bands, did they hurt them more?

Ladies, women, girls, sisters, we are worth more than a rolled waist band. Advertise your smarts, your brains, your talents.

2 comments:

kris said...

Ah yes, but remember, to be young is to experiment with your sexuality and how you express it.

Hopefully these girls will learn in time that not only is this NOT a good look, but that the truly worthwhile boys will appreciate their brains as well as their beauty.

I shudder at some the things I wore in my teenaged years.

P.H. said...

Yes, hopefully these lovely young ladies will learn these things the easy way, and not by being mistaken for being easy.