Saturday, December 18, 2010

Which lies do you believe?

After the middle school Revolution, while driving Chris Padgett to the airport, he mentioned that Linda, his wife, will from time to time ask him, "Which lies do you believe?"

It's a question whose purpose is to nudge a person back into reality, when reality gets a bit clouded or distorted. It's a question I have been asking myself lately. To remind myself of what is real and what is not.

We all know what the truth is. But sometimes it takes a little nudge to get reacquainted.

2 comments:

Chris said...

It usually is a comment mentioned to me when I am encountering a struggle, emotional or simply a feeling of depression or frustration. It has been a way to weave through inexplicable feelings, which are usually clipped when the lie is discovered. That which I couldn't put my finger upon, is seized and expunged when I address a lie. It is a constant battle this seeking to live in sanity. :)

P.H. said...

Hence, my questioning... lately I have been faced with a struggle, and your question is gentle reminder for me to seek the truth. And to know the truth -- regardless of what swirls about me.

Which lies do you believe?

It's a very powerful question. Thank you for sharing it with me.