Thursday, February 16, 2006

My mind is in a muddle

Oh keyboard, take me away....

I need to write. I need to at least push forward on the rewrite one page, maybe two. It's like when I stop walking on the treadmill. Next thing I know a week has gone by and the dust is an inch thick on the control panel. For both writing and treading I let the laundry, the overwhelming household mess, food shopping, and the daily schedule take over my time and whoosh, and I mean whoosh -- like a huge toilet flushing, the day is gone and I've not a word or footstep to show for it. It makes me crazy!!!!!!!

Next week, vacation week, the girls' schedule will keep me from my beloved computer and the treadmill. Unless I can boil the 20+ gallons of sap down into syrup, rewrite at least 20 pages, and walk on the treadmill everyday before vacation mode hits, I'm going to need sedation. All the while I have to pick up this pig sty we call a home.

This morning the girls were crying because I wouldn't play a game before school. I said, "Excuse me, but I'm too busy picking up after your school project, and your Valentine explosion. And that isn't even mentioning the breakfast dishes that they can't seem to clear themselves.

One of these days I'm just going to leave the mess. And when we run out of table space to eat and clean dishes to eat off of, I'll shrug and return to the couch with yet another box of bonbons.

I've always suspected that there is a God.

3 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Oh, I'm laughing out loud at this one. Hang in there, PtCakes.

Anonymous said...

Valentine explosion sounds promising.

I don't know how you do it all!

P.H. said...

I don't, hence the house from the bowels of the universe.