Thursday, July 13, 2006

I've been to hell and back

Today I experienced the complete and full frontal assault of PMS in a young teen. For a while it was touch and go. I didn't know if either of us would survive the chemical madness that was laying waste to our lives.

Eventually the storm eased (I got an apology and many hugs) and though we are a bit battered and bruised we're here.

And now that it's over I have to laugh a bit. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was hated, deeply and utterly hated. And not only was I hated, but so were my other children, my husband, my parents, my siblings and all their children and in-laws, my in-laws and my aunts and uncles.

It's great being a hated mom. It's a badge. I must be doing something right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the day improved after I saw you. I guess this is what I get to look forward to with Kit-Kat.

OHM

Idiot Cook said...

Oh, boy...repeat after me: more fodder for writing, more fodder for writing, more fodder for writing...

Glad things turned around and you got some extra hugs...

P.H. said...

Can you say Sarah Cahill? My inspiration for writing is never far from my heart.