Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm supposed to be...

working on my book. I woke up around 3, and for about an hour laid there yawning. Finally I got up with the idea to finish my edits. Fortunately and unfortunately, instead I've been working on the St. George Parish website. Correcting information here. Adding a link or a new document there...

There is always something that could use updating or tweaking on a website. I used to do this for a living. Way back when the code was easy and all done by hand. I still do it with a text editor. It feels right to work with what I call a coders first principals and not leave the understanding and workings to a Dream Weaver type app.

When I read the code it reminds me of the Matrix movies. But instead of seeing people moving in a virtual world, I see webpages being constructed and laid out. I guess that's better than seeing dead people... but not quite as exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Checked out the website. It is beautiful and all the links work. I know there is no doubt that all the data is correct. You are doing a great job but then again, I expected no less than 100% from you.God Bless Love you sis,Bro

P.H. said...

As a QA Man I expected nothing less from you. Thanks for taking a once through the site.

Enjoy your new chariot. OF COURSE I AM JEALOUS.

Love, pt