Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God's plan isn't always what we have in mind

Three years ago if you asked me what I thought of reconfiguration and the prospects of moving onto a different parish, I would've told you, "It stinks." And I would've been wrong. Our new parish is more wonderful than I could've ever imagined. It stands as a butterfly stands. Poised for take off. Ready for new adventure.

Three days ago if you asked me what I thought about losing our beloved pastor, I would've replied, "It's a tragedy." And those words aren't off my lips a nanosecond and thoughts of reconfiguration and parish closings repierce my heart. But out of that abyss came wonder.

It's God's plan. Good will come out of this. We can't see it through the tears, but it is there. Waiting for us to be gracious and open our wings. So I look ahead, knowing Fr. is in a better place, and we are in God's hands.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen my sister Amen

Anonymous said...

I saw this writing market profiled and thought of you: http://www.canticlemagazine.com/writerguide.htm

P.H. said...

Thanks for the link SW. It looks very good.