Friday, September 26, 2008

The quiet

I love the early morning. The quiet that settles on the house. Today was suppose to be a two field trip, football game day after track practice day. The weather has reigned that all in to a no field trips, track practice yes, maybe no band for the football game event. If it were a Saturday, it would be a perfect home game day. Set the card table up in the living room, and master board game after board game. Win or lose; who cares. Fun trumps all.

I have a hard time sending the cherubs off on rainy days. Instead I want to cozy them all, pop popcorn, knit, crochet, and talk. As the oldest headed out at 6:30, we had our I Love Yous, then as she walked off to the bus, I prayed her and my days would allow for more of them. That she would be given the chance to grow up, kiss children of her own, and call her life complete.

In the quiet of the day it is easy to see the goodness that life has for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another great post and photo!

I love the quiet when the squirrels are scampering to pick up the nuts I throw out for them. Especially when Graytail saunters over to demand her booty and take it out of my hand.