Sunday, November 22, 2009

I've a great recycled present for you to make

Our Girl Scout troop made some fire starters from empty egg cartons, dryer lint and melted old candles. It was easy and fast to make a dozen of these wonderful starters. But, after that foray into firebuilding, I have kept egg cartons on the dryer and put the dryer lint right into the wells. And there it waits until I get a chance to melt some of our old candles. I envision putting a bow on top, and giving a set or two to family and friends that have fireplaces. I know, I'm the last of the big spenders, but these fire starts work great.

During the big mishoon building sessions, we have been using our starters on light little fires in specific places on the log. These puppies light up fast and burn for quite a longtime.

So, there something for you to ponder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a woodburning stove and a dryer. Should I save the lint now too? Love

PtCakes said...

If you would like to make your own fire starters than by all means save your dryer lint, egg cartons, and dig out the old candles or crayons.