Thursday, October 14, 2010

Next...

Errands, drop offs, appointments, to dos, take a number. Today is laid out task by task, appointment by appointment. Where hours are assigned, starting with Chinese at 8 AM, and carefully accounted for -- till flute at 5:30 PM.

I've had many jobs in my life. Functioned under a myriad of job descriptions. I find motherhood the most varied, challenging and rewarding. Almost like Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ. Ten years of walking the yellow brick road of college, followed by stint in OZ -- post graduate work on the highest and finest level, and a career screaming down the fast track... all to find out the most real and exciting deliverables are sleeping in the next room.

There is no place like home.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Well said, Patty. I would have to agree. My biggest challenges and greatest rewards have come through motherhood, not through my legal career.