Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LOOK what we did!


After sporting a garage painted suburban camouflage, we finally have it matching the house. Tomorrow I'll finish painting the trim and then repaint the doors. I might even paint the house doors.

Early morning painting, in the cool of the day, is a lot like sugaring; peaceful and quiet. (In the top picture you can see a corner of our sugar shack... It's only August and I'm already thinking about next year.)

While camping we brought and served to some of our Vermont relatives our homemade maple syrup. They loved it and I had to confess, that it was the dregs, so to speak. Our syrup is initially stored in quart canning jars. After the maple sand settles we decant it, leaving the sand behind. Also in that sand is some syrup. This year I was not willing to pour it down the drain, so I combined all the residuals into one jar and set it at the back of the refrigerator. When I was packing for camping I came across it and we had close to a quart of crystal clear very tasty syrup. yum yum

Lesson learned.

No comments: