Saturday, August 29, 2009

No worries, I'm up...


Yeah right... Troop camper training in the deluge commences in seven hours, and I'm not sleeping.


Last night, when I was awake for no apparent reason, I heard coyotes howling. I know they eat small dogs and terrorize the neighbors, but it was so nice to hear a natural sound, rather than fans. With the fans on, I'm pained with the thought of trying to sleep in the cargo hold of a dual prop plane.


Tonight the windows are closed. Danny is off shore. His drops, the size of cherries, pelt the glass. Overhead the rain roars against the roof. And I wonder what all this is going to sound like in a canvas tent. Rest assured it will be loud, but will it be peaceful. Will I finally sleep?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just holed up all day and pretended it was a snow day. What a yucko Saturday!
You're all added to the NE Bloggers list. If you'd like to receive emails when we do an activity or online game, you can send me an email and I'll put you in my address book.
e_bogardus AT hotmail