Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday I thought I lost a daughter. Thank God for cell phones. For in the end she wasn't lost, and a note on the kitchen table would have made the world of difference.

Yesterday I locked my keys in the car for the very first time. Thankfully there was an angel in the store and she took the little ones home so they wouldn't have to wait in the heat of the day for AAA.

Yesterday was the first time I ever called AAA. They came to my rescue in less time than it took my to call my husband to lament my rotten day.

Yesterday I found out the arrangements for my uncle's funeral. His death was so sudden and unexpected that I still haven't come to grips with this whole situation.

Yesterday I scrambled with my brother to rearrange sleepover plans so our girls can still get together for one last hurrah before school starts.

Thanks God today is not yesterday.

2 comments:

Tammy H. said...

Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

my backyard said...

Sounds like a tough day. Hang in there!