Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pay it forward

I am a firm believer in paying it forward, but this past Wednesday I was requested to do the same.

This past Wednesday my very lovely middle one caught her finger in a car door jam, and gave herself a nasty. We were on our way into the local high school for an event and when we went in and asked for a first aid kit, no feet or mouths seemed to work. As we were heading to the ladies room, a lady came out from the crowd and said she was a nurse.

She washed and dressed the wounds.Yes, the middle one nailed the finger front and back. And when we thanked her she said, just pay it forward. So here I am to pay it forward. The National Guard in VT (I know it is not my home state, but they defend us all.) are being shipped out after Christmas. Right now they are in the midwest training for their deployment. But wouldn't it be great if they could could home for the holidays. Follow this link, then click on Operation Holiday Homecoming and make a donation so they can ride the bus east to be with their families.

1 comment:

Tammy H. said...

Thanks Patty! While I don't know anyone personally, I am sure that many families will be thankful for any support your "pay it forward" musters.
Tammy