Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's not the cover. It's what's inside.

While conversing with someone they said, "Your book should have a flashy cover." My reply was, "It's not the cover. It's what's inside." Haven't we been told forever that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover?

True how true. Honestly I designed the cover to be classical. I wanted a cover that would represent the depth of the plot; not flashy -- but meaty. And then there is me. Hardly do I write on this blog about anything quite as personal as my weight. Still with all this weight that I have regained after losing it for a second time, I find that I am having a tough time not judging me, for my own padded cover. Oh don't say, "You look fine. I can't tell you've put it all back on..." I can tell. And though I joke about being soft and sensitive -- it's true -- I am soft and I am very sensitive.

While treadmilling the other day I recalled that past conversation about my book, and I tried to apply it to life, experiences, people. It is more often than not that good comes out of what was first perceived as a bad experience. You just have to be open to it.

So I am waiting to see what good comes out of outgrowing one's clothes... maybe I'll meet a big book publisher while shopping for clothes that fit and they will pick up Forever Yours in a big multimillion deal; a girl can dream.

No comments: