Thursday, January 25, 2007

DONE!

Did you ever feel like calf-tying something (not someone) when you finish a task? Like those rodeo-people who rope the calf, then jump off their horse and finish up by tying the poor surprised animal's hooves together. Well, that's exactly how I felt when I finished the first draft of my submission for the Niblets. The only problem, my computer doesn't have hooves. But I have an image, here in my brain... I'm wearing some sort of cowgirl garb, running around my kitchen (yes, I wrote the piece in the kitchen), twirling a rope, trying to lasso the monitor. My hat swinging in one hand, the rope in the other, with hopes of not capturing the ceiling fan.

The piece is not perfect. Life and very few of my first drafts are. But the words are out of my head, or wherever I grasp them from, maybe thin air, or someother body orifice. I'm having problems with the begininning -- the setting of the premise. So I'll put it down for a day or two, then look at it again for the second round.

Word Count 2571

4 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Heh. Thanks for the image. Haven't even had my coffee yet. There are a few people in our group I'd like to calf-tie when they are late with their submissions. But you're not one of them because YOU, my friend, know what a deadline means.

But you might just have given the Nylaw Bazi a new form of torture. And an entertaining one at that.

Steve said...

Beats being drawn and quartered.

Anonymous said...

Steve, would you be willing to have PTCakes or fatcharlatan calf-tie you? Interesting image.

PTCakes, Congratulations!

P.H. said...

I'm not willing to calf-tie anyone.
Not my cup of tea... as they say.