Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Love, respect, honor -- they are amazing

A few days ago I posted a request to send birthday cards to a friend's son in Iraq. k offered to spread the word via nervousness.org. Here is her post with the replies. I am amazed and delighted by this outpouring. I'm beyond words. I'm speechless. It's so wonderful. I hope Aaron gets so many cards they have to ship him home to read them.

Too bad about the confusion on the squirrel and corny cards. And just in case anyone finds their way back to this blog, looking for some clarification, here is the explanation.

Squirrel cards? Yes, squirrel cards. I am happy to say Squirrel Lady is a dear friend, and a reader of this blog. SO I was saying, it's okay to send a card with squirrels on it. Now that this request is spread over the internet, I wonder how many cards with squirrels he'll receive. It will be a way to tag their origin of sorts. Hummm... this person must've heard about Aaron via ptcakes, angrylittlebitch, or nervousness.net.

Corny cards? Yes, corny cards. I belong to a writing group affectionately known as the Niblets. Hence a lot of corn humor passes among us. Writers are interesting people. The majority of the sidebar links are for their own blogs. Check them out. I'm proud to be a Niblet.

So, here is Aaron's address again:

SPC Aaron Stein
HHC, 1-501
FOB Iskan
APO AE 09312-0506

Send cards, and send them often!

Happy Birthday Aaron! Happy reading!

No comments: