Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy Belated Fourth

Hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July. After a lovely walk in the woods with friends here at home, we hit the road, to go camping with family. Our home away from home was Half Moon State Park in Vermont.
A successful camping trip is when I look at my girls and I'm not really sure if they are tanned or dirty. From early morning to late at night they were outside playing, running about, scoottering, fishing, canoing, roasting marshmallows, lighting sparklers, and just plain having fun.One special day, the little one and I slipped away to visit the Bosky Dell Farm where we had a lovely afternoon visit. The little one enjoyed helping out with the farm chores. (I'm dead set on getting some honey bees of our own.) Their kindness touched me. We swapped stories and recipes over some wonderful ice tea. It was if we had known each other our whole lives, instead of meeting, dear I admit, online, while searching for information on Maple Sugaring.
And now that we are home, I miss them, as if they were family. My only hope is we can reciprocate their hospitality sometime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was so nice to finally meet you! your daughter is a perfect charmer too.

i completely agree that it was like we'd known each other for years - and we really have enjoyed the mead too!