Thursday, January 13, 2011

Do You Listen to Your Children?

Since the Christmas break my oldest has been urging me to watch the TIVO'd Dr. Who Christmas Special. Yesterday, home for a snow day, I finally took the time to watch it with the girls. To my delight and to my surprise it is a Dr. Who version of A Christmas Carol. And I absolutely love love love it.

Halfway through I shouted, "Pause the show!" (I never get to hold the remote...) The action stopped, a huge smile on my face, I turned to my child and said, "This is just like when you insisted that I ride the Mountains of Disney. I thought you were crazy; thought you didn't have a clue, (I totally avoided roller coasters before taking on Disney's mountains.) but you were so right."

My daughter opens my eyes and my world.

1 comment:

jeff noel said...

Teaching is a two-way street...