Monday, March 24, 2014

The Challenge

A week ago a rowing machine showed up at work. Followed by a challenge: Row 500m in under 2 minutes and you will get a $100 bonus.

I've never rowed before, but I gave it a go. My slowest is close to 2:25; the fastest is 2:10.

This weekend when I was in the office to exercise and work on stained glass I realized that it's okay that I am slow. The important thing is I'm exercising. I'm exercising for me; for my health. For health is truly the real wealth.

4 comments:

jeff noel said...

Patty, wisdom.

You have it.

Use competition as one one the million and one ways to stay motivated.

Use it when, or if, it is needed.

Patty Hebert said...

Rowed a mile in 7:35 this morning. First time I have ever rowed a mile.

jeff noel said...

That seems fast. Congrats.

They say rowing is one of the best overall exercises because it works so many different muscle and area and systems.

Patty Hebert said...

I love rowing. But tonight had to hit the treadmill. Felt stronger than before. Thinking the rowing is having a positive effect. Thankfully.