Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Life Is Like A Bike Ride

As my travels, in a car or on a bike, take me over new roads I find myself scoping out and comparing the hills and gradients to those I have mastered.

And this action of comparison and strengthening so mirrors life's challenges. I find myself reasoning, if I beat that, then hands down I can whip this. No problem.

Riding to, up, down and back from Pack Monadnock this Saturday. 99 miles. Many thousand vertical feet in elevation gain. What did I learn from Wachusett? Don't ride with fear. Instead ride with anticipation and joy. Ride. Smile. And hydrate. You've got this.

2 comments:

jeff noel said...

That's a serious bike ride. Wow. Incredible. Look how far you've come Patty.

Patty Hebert said...

It's crazy. But if you aren't reaching for the impossible then you aren't reaching high enough. Thankfully, I truly believe this ride is very doable. Long. Hard. Rewarding. Doable.