Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Truly this isn't a biking blog...

But I learn so much on my rides.

I feared and avoided riding on wet roads with skinny tires. Until yesterday.

Squeezed in a ride. Maybe 10 miles from home the skies opened up and in seconds, okay minutes, the water was up over my rims. Soaked but cooled off from the day's humidity, I was walking through water up and over my ankles. I must have been a drowned rat sight.

Twenty minutes later the rain subsided, the streets were for the most part drained, when the thunder started in behind me. My only choice was to ride on wet roads with wet tires. I had to get home.

Earlier in the day watched a time trial (bike race) where the rider flipped his bike on a wet road...

Taking it slow, Ruby and I made it home. Both covered with road dirt. She of course got cleaned, dried off and oiled first.

** Sweetest moment: While slogging through the rain my daughter texted to see if I were okay. Love these kids.

No comments: