Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What is your hour worth?

Yesterday I drove to my daughter's college so we could have a chat over a frozen yogurt. Her choice: coffee or yogurt. Good choice.

We chatted for an hour. Catching up. Classes. Extracurricular activities. Apartment life. Vacation plans. Money. Longterm plans.

We text pretty much everyday. I get the day to day. But still I need the face to face. Maybe she does too. She knows I have her back. She lets me hug and kiss her in public, on the street outside her apartment. Greeting hello and saying a long good bye.

And as I drove back home I realized I could do a commercial. One of those touch the heart ones where the take home message is: I would pay absolutely anything to have one hour, one more hour, with the one I love.

3 comments:

jeff noel said...

Parenting gives meaning to life.

Patty Hebert said...

Love gives meaning to life.

Anonymous said...

and you know how to love....lucky girls and parents too