Monday, August 14, 2006

Stockbridge here I come!

I'm heading to Stockbridge. I couldn't be more excited, unless of course, I were to run into Sarah Cahill or Charles Boss. I'm hoping for a homecoming, of sorts. Will I find the house? The one with the ghostly attic window. The Elm Street market, St. Joseph's Church, the Norman Rockwell Museum, the library, and Stockbridge Elementary -- will they ring true? Is the school surrounded by a short chain link fence? Is there a lone swing set set apart from the ball field? Is the roasted chicken at the Elm Street market the best chicken in the world? Can I get to Melody Westgate's house by walking down the train tracks? Will I spy Jeff Lane riding his bike -- a bit more caution these days? Or a tanned Ms. Johnson shopping for school supplies?

I'm packing a map, my camera, my book and a pen and pad of paper.

Stockbridge here I come!

3 comments:

Idiot Cook said...

Hey, cool! Have fun doing on-site research...that's awesome. Enjoy! Can't wait to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

Is Bainbridge Island next?

Idiot Cook said...

You need to post an update on this...

:)