Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Dreaming

of a stress free, dirty dish free, quiet secluded sun dappled hammock being swayed by a warm breeze. I'm dwelling on small cups of cafe being carried on elevated trays to me by well dressed Scottish men. I close my eyes and contemplate leaves rustling and birds singing in brambling rose bushes. I'm relaxed. My feet and hands are warm. I've forgotten about the constant winter shivers. I'm wearing an oversized well worn and loved tshirt and jersey cotton pants; no shoes, no woolen socks. My mind is washed clear. I have no worries, no concerns over what to cook for dinner. Instead of facing mountains of laundry, I'm gazing upon curling waves of reflected heat dancing home towards the sun.

Some people are lucky enough to get vacations. Others have to wait for the slideshow.

No comments: