Friday, January 25, 2008

Soft Sensitive Under Belly

For my whole adult life I have had to battle my weight. Everyday I'm either patting myself on the back for a day full of good food choices or kicking myself for sitting down with a book and a bag of chips.

Last fall I was introduced to sparkpeople.com. It was Big Mama who had the big idea. And it worked. I lost 15 pounds, then the holidays hit and I regained 8, (7.5 on a good day). So with doubled effort, I climbed back on the horse and circled the wagons, by adding more exercise to my daily routine.

This morning the little one was up early and broke into my exercise moment.

"Mom, what are you doing?"

( 75 huff) "Crunches"

"Why?"

( 79 puff) "To tone up my belly."

The little one's face fell to the floor. Her eyes grew to the bodily dimensions of a horse fly. "Why?"

( 86 huff) "So it's not so flabby."

"But it's so soft and..."

Do you know how hard it is to do crunches with a little cranium resting on your abdomen? So, who am I exercising for? Not for the little one, who prefers her momma warm, soft and squishy. Think about it, who wants to rest their head on a board? (Pass the chips!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have found out that I have rock hard abs! No it is true, My wife has felt them. The only thing is, is that I have a pillow top cover over them!

I gather it is there for protection almost like packing material. Maybe you have the same thing?

P.H. said...

That must be it. Feather soft and very wobbly.

Anonymous said...

Well, Little One, I totally agree with you!! It's no fun resting your head on a rock. I love the soft bellies too. It's nice to give a squeeze to someone who is cushy and lovable.

kris said...

You can do 86 crunches? *salutes* I can't.