Thursday, March 13, 2008

Recycling Opens My Eyes

In this house we recycling just about everything. Food waste goes into compost, on its way back to the veggie gardens. Cans, paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, head off to the recycling centers and clothes and other household goods to St. Vincent de Paul. Yesterday, I took a mountain the paper and cardboard recycling to our school. A mountain that had been building in our mudroom. And when I moved said mountain to the car for the trek over, I was amazed at the amount of packaging we go through. I tried to remember before recycling, and thinking about when all this stuff used to go into the land fill. It was daunting.

If every family at our school recycled their paper, I don't think we'd need to run bake sales to fund special school events.

No comments: