Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beer and the Banjo

Life is slowly returning to before WYD normal. Food shopping, laundry, weeding, reinforcing the garden fence against dinner guests, etc... But the best is picking up my banjo, (boy does it need a visit with Arthur for tuning), and brewing the latest batch of beer. It will be an Irish Stout when it's finished.

When I put the wort together, I was a bit nervous, because the yeast wasn't all that active. Did I pitch it too early???? YIKES! Today all is good. There is plenty of activity. And tomorrow I'll call Arthur and see if I can have an adult playdate, ie banjo lesson complete with tune up. Of course, I haven't played for two weeks, and boy did I miss it, so the lesson will be more remedial than progressive.

For WYD the call was put out to witness. With everyone I've run into today, we've talked about the trip. It's nice to meet up with friends, and mention Madrid, Spain in 2011. It would be great if there was a huge contingency going based upon our experiences in Sydney.

No comments: