Monday, July 28, 2008

Powerful Prayers

At WYD the power of prayer and the hugeness to the Holy Spirit became very apparent to me. I'm still blown away by the fact my day long, thrown kissing headache was gone after prayer. That's big. Did the people praying over me actually have to be touching me? Right now that question is pressing, and I have to believe the answer is no. And I have to believe in the intersession of saints, since the second miracle attributed to Fr. Damien was a Hawaiian woman being completely cured of cancer after she visited his final resting place.

I received an email last night asking for prayers for two gravely sick people, Michael and Brian. I quickly forwarded the email to the WYD team, and have been pushing my own prayers and asking for intercession from Mary the Mother of God, Mother Theresa, Fr. Damien and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. Like the woman in the bible who would not give up her asking, I'm the same. I want to be a religious faith-filled squeaky wheel. Care to pitch in and make some noise.

No comments: