Thursday, July 10, 2008

A lot to say and no time to say it

Sometimes when I sit down to blog, it's a struggle to find something somewhat remotely interesting to ponder. Now, with my blogging time coming to a short term close I have ideas galore.

I want to tell the owner of the Exxon station not 100 yards from my house that it will be a cold day way down under before I'll purchase petrol from his establishment again. (Or any Exxon for that matter) Over the holiday weekend their prices increased 8 cents a gallon. Try and tell me there was a crisis in the Gulf of Mexico that justified the spike. Perhaps the drill operator had a hang nail, or the refinery had a work stoppage due to a shortage of toilet paper. We are being fiscally raped. If ever I need gas, I will push my big rig to the mom and pop station 2 miles away rather than cross your driveway again. There, I feel better.


Here is the latest picture of the Cereus bud. If it doesn't open tonight... well... I'm just happy it's happening. I wonder if it's overwhelming fragrance will attract any moths?

We have our weekly walk in the woods today. I wonder what interesting sights we will see. Seems to be a lot of wondering going on today.

No comments: