Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Calgon! Take Me Away!

I'm dying here!

Truly, it's not the weather. I can take the rain, soft and otherwise. But right now I have two children each baking their own thing in the kitchen and none of it even resembles dinner.

All three are pulling on those apron strings.

The oldest -- I took out driving today. I firmly believe that driving with a teen is the reason God created prozac. It's just too bad, I don't have any. As a recent motorcycle operator, I know the fear she is going through. I know why she hugs the gutter, and drives at a walkers pace, still she has to learn not to. And I know she doesn't want me to tell her when to brake, but watching the other drivers diving under their dashboards for cover... It unnerves me. The entire time we are out I am begging God for strength and patience.

She got testy today. I got testy back, stating, "One accident and it's over, for you, for me, for your hostage sisters in the back seat..." Yes, we are in a behemoth vehicle, but still...

We have made peanut butter chocolate bars, and banana chocolate popsicles with one budding chef. The kitchen is a mess.

The other has taken over the table for her Elephant Ears, but it might as well be a lesson in reading a following directions. Still she didn't want me help, so I let her go on her own. I guess with all her failed starts and restarts, she is learning, while I wish for quieter times, and for someone to think about cooking a dish for dinner instead of snack or dessert.

And then we have our first FB fiasco. Someone chatted something to someone else who is now in tears. I, of course, lost my nut, (Can I say that?) and said something else that can't be typed here. It all comes down to knowing one's own self worth. On FB or otherwise, know your self worth and then let the world go by. Why do people let others define them?

Never mind getting through the summer, will I live to see another day?

No comments: