Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Momma, said don't jump. Momma said don't jump.

That ain't the way we play no.
That ain't the way we play no... on the waterslide. (Sung to a song from the 70s...)

For three years I've been the meanie laying down the waterslide rules.
One person on the slide at a time.
Absolutely no jumping.

Well Saturday we had a family party, and there were multiple sliding gigs and jumping going on.
I looked over and commented, "They shouldn't be jumping. It will pop." Then I thought well maybe I've been an ogre these three years, not letting them have their fun; the rotten mother that I am. And maybe jumping is all part of the waterslide experience, and I have been denying them their due enjoyment.

Now fast forward to yesterday, when four sibling friends were over to slide in the sun. The slide anchored and inflated; the friends, 6 of them were put to the task of setting up the water component. And lo and behold, whenever they climbed on the structure, it deflated under their weight.

I investigated and found two small holes... and many many stretched seams.

Momma said don't jump...
That ain't the way that we play, no.
That ain't the way that we play...
and we're not playing anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to get the bigger and better one.

P.H. said...

Nope... ding dong the witch is dead.